Youth Recognition Awards
The Youth Awards Recognition Program honors area youth living in the counties of Northern Illinois who are making positive contributions to their school, church, or community. This can be in the form of volunteerism, service learning, or work on community projects.
Students, from any school, in grades 7-12 may be nominated for the award. Nominations can be made by parents, teachers, cleargy, scout masters, or any other adult who has knowledge of the nominee.
When submitting a nomination include the following:
- List community, school, or civic volunteer work (list year, type and length of service and the name of the organization).
- List school organizations or clubs, other than athletics, in which you are involved (note offices held and specific activities in which you participate).
- List any drug prevention programs or activities in which you are involved.
- List any chuch or religious activities in which you are involved.
- Highlight the school extra-curricular activities in which you participaate (band, sports, choir, debate team, etc.).
- Briefly state why you think you deserve this award and how you have made a positive impact on our community.
The following information is needed from each:
- Home Address, City, Zip
- Phone and Email
- Relationship to the Nominee
- and the same information as the nominee
Nominations are due in the Red Ribbon Office prior to October 1, 2008
October 18, 2008, 11:00 a.m. Awards will be presented by Miss Illinois 2008 and state/national dignitaries.